Ann offers over 30 years of wide-ranging experience in claims, underwriting, litigation, and third-party administration. She specialises in unusual, larger-scale or complex claims cases by leveraging every advantage gained from astute researching, investigating, negotiating, and if necessary, litigating. Fluent in both English and Portuguese, Ann has significant international business experience. She effectively leads cross-functional teams with sound judgment, masterful strategic planning, and flexibility. Ann is accustomed to performing well under pressure, using vision, intuition and mass torts leadership experience.
Ann is a member of the Council on Litigation Management. She has also served as the State Chair of the Rhode Island chapter of the Council on Litigation Management. She received a Microbiology certificate from UniversalClass.com in 2010 studying food-born pathogens. Ann co-authored The Argument for ADR and the Use of Customised Procedural Stipulations, published in Claims & Litigation Management, Issue 1, Volume 1 in 2011. In 2018, She earned a certificate in the Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information Age course from Harvard’s Office of the Vice Provost for Advances in Learning (VPAL), in association with HarvardX.
- Dog Food Manufacturer: Global Product Contamination (USD 38 Million)
- 2nd Largest Nut grower and processor: Salmonella contamination (USD 75 Million)
- Global Energy Drink Manufacturer: Product Contamination (USD 34 Million)
- National Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome (HUS) and 50+ bodily injuries (USD 24 Million)
- Construction Defect (USD 43 Million)
- Settled a USD 64 Million Global Insurance Claim from a food product manufacturer for only USD 18 Million
FCLS, CCLS, ERT, CLM
Bristol Community College
Case Management, Copyright/Trademark/Patent Infringement, Cyber, Entertainment, Product Liability, Product Recall, Park & Track, Third-Party Administration
31 years 1987
English and Portuguese