Russell spent four years working as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry in the UK before joining a large international loss adjusting firm. During a three year period adjusting claims in the UK, he was involved in large fire losses, bomb losses in London and Northern Ireland, subsidence claims, and construction works claims.
Russell moved to Asia in 1994 where he has successfully handled a wide range of losses, including large value Civils / Construction, Power, Energy and Property losses. He is experienced in Business Interruption and Delay in Start-Up claims and has handled / overseen claims throughout the Asia Pacific region, including Korea, China, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Thailand, Nepal, Taiwan and New Zealand. Russell is also experienced in managing Catastrophe teams in Asia, Guam, and Caribbean.
Russell has lectured upon construction and engineering claims and authored two technical papers upon Delay in Start Up claims arising from construction and engineering projects that have been accepted into Munich Re’s Technical Library.
- Power Company, Guam – Machinery Breakdown
- China – semi-conductor FAB fire PD & BI, Exceeding USD 850m
- Electronics Manufacturer, Japan – Tohuko Earthquake, USD 202m
- Power Supply Facility, Japan – Tohuko Earthquake & Tsunami
- University, New Zealand – Earthquake
- Motor Manufacturer, Contingent Business Interruption claim relating to parts shortages from Japan
- Petrochemical Plant Erection Risk, China – Machinery Breakdown and DSU. USD 41m
- Petrochemical Plant, China – Accidental load shedding shutting down plant, USD 5m
- Power Plant, Philippines, generator earthing loss, PD and BI USD 12m
- Chemical Plant, Japan – Tohuko Earthquake, USD 35m
- Petroleum Ethylene and MEG plant, Jurong, Singapore – Corrosion of plant cooling water system, USD 8m
- Plastics Corporation Aromatics Plant, Taiwan, – Fire loss, USD 25m
- Terephathalic Acid Plant, Korea – Air compressor breakdown, PD & BI USD 21m
Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS), Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters (FCILA), FUEDI European Loss Adjusting Expert (FUEDI-ELAE)
Bachelor of Science (Quantity Surveying)
Erection/Construction, Power, Professional Indemnity, Business Interruption, Delay in Start-Up Claims
25 years 1992