Russell spent four years working as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry in the UK before joining a large international loss adjusting firm. During a three year period adjusting claims in the UK, he was involved in large fire losses, bomb losses in London and Northern Ireland, subsidence claims, and construction works claims.
Russell moved to Asia in 1994, where he successfully handled a wide range of losses, including large value Civil / Construction, Power, Energy, and Property losses. He is experienced in Business Interruption and Delay in Start-Up claims and has handled / overseen claims throughout the Asia Pacific region, including Korea, China, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Thailand, Nepal, Taiwan and New Zealand. Russell is also experienced in managing Catastrophe teams in Asia, Guam, and Caribbean.
Russell has lectured upon construction and engineering claims and authored two technical papers upon Delay in Start Up claims arising from construction and engineering projects that have been accepted into Munich Re’s Technical Library.
- Power Company in Guam: Machinery Breakdown
- Semi-conductor FAB fire PD & BI in China (Exceeding USD 850 Million)
- Electronics Manufacturer in Japan: Tohuko Earthquake (USD 202 Million)
- Power Supply Facility in Japan: Tohuko Earthquake & Tsunami
- University in New Zealand: Earthquake
- Motor Manufacturer: Contingent BI claim relating to parts shortages from Japan
- Petrochemical Plant Erection Risk in China: Machinery Breakdown and DSU (USD 41 Million)
- Petrochemical Plant in China: Accidental load shedding shutting down plant (USD 5 Million)
- Power Plant in the Philippines: Generator earthing loss, PD, and BI (USD 12 Million)
- Chemical Plant in Japan: Tohuko Earthquake (USD 35 Million)
- Petroleum Ethylene and MEG plant in Jurong, Singapore: Corrosion of plant cooling water system (USD 8 Million)
- Plastics Corporation Aromatics Plant in Taiwan: Fire (USD 25 Million)
- Terephathalic Acid Plant in Korea: Air compressor breakdown, PD, & BI (USD 21 Million)
FRICS, FCILA, FUEDI European Loss Adjusting Expert (FUEDI-ELAE)
Bachelors of Science - Quantity Surveying
Business Interruption, Delay in Start-Up Claims, Erection/Construction, Machinery Breakdown, Power, Professional Indemnity (EAR/CAR)
26 years 1992